The W. D. Boyce Council wants to make sure every youth has an opportunity to fully participate in our program and give every family an opportunity to have their youth registered. After completing this Registration Assistance request, it will be reviewed. If approved, the youth’s family will be provided an opportunity to receive registration assistance.
In order to help support the council’s ability to provide financial assistance, units are encouraged to participate in the W. D. Boyce Council’s annual popcorn fundraising campaign.
How this form works:
- A Scout family, or potential Scout family, indicates they would like to join Scouting; however, the registration fee would create a hardship.
- The Unit/Post Leader (Cubmaster, Scoutmaster or Advisor) or Committee Chair completes their section; assessing the potential contribution by the family, unit and/or charter organization.
- The completed form is submitted to the District Executive for review. (Either a paper or digital copy is acceptable).
- The council reviews the assistance request and contacts the Unit Leader with the decision.
- If approved, the form will be returned to the Unit Leader.
- The form should then be submitted by the unit to Council:
- With unit recharter paperwork, if an assistance request coincides with the unit rechartering process.
- With a Youth Application, if an assistance request is associated with an individual application (i.e. during recruiting campaign or throughout the year.)
If you have questions regarding this form, please contact your District Executive or call the W. D. Boyce Council office at (309) 673-6136.