The W. D. Boyce Council Jamboree Committee is conducting a contest to allow Scouts to design patches for the 2023 National Jamboree contingent. A minimum of 5 Council Shoulder Patches (5”x2”) are needed: 1 Male Troop, 1 Female Troop, 1 Crew, 1 Staff and 1 Trader. There may also be a center patch (pentagon) or another unique design patch that ties all five of the patches together (see examples below).
The following are required on the patches:
- W. D. Boyce Council
- National Jamboree 2023
- This contest is open exclusively to youth – Scouts and Venture Scouts – NO adult designs will be accepted.
- All submissions must include Name, Age, Unit, and contact information for the designer and their parent (if required).
- No third-party trademarks (including movies, products, and comic book characters)
- Do not obscure or cover up the fleur-de-lis
- Council Shoulder Patches should not include the city and state on them.
- All entries to the contest need to be turned in on or before November 6, 2022, to the Council Office in Peoria, or by email to Collin.Martis@Scouting.org.
Download the informational flyer here
Submissions will be reviewed by a volunteer committee, which will select the winning design to be used as the 2023 National Jamboree Council patches. The prize to the winning designer is a full set of the finished patches!
Below are some ideas for unique designs. The set must include 5 Council Shoulder Patches. For more ideas Google “Jamboree Patch Set Designs.”